Visual Designer / Illustrator OpportunityDecember 28, 2019
TKM9 Group are an Australian interactive studio specialising in spatial design for clients across the globe. Our team creates ground-breaking, immersive experiences that utilise our multidisciplinary, specialised teams and knowledge of digital tech.
We’re on the hunt for a designer to join our team and work across our two brands: the award-winning Play9 Studios and TKM9.
We currently have an opening for a talented visual designer with proven illustration skills to work alongside our creative team. We’re after someone to add flare to our spaces, with a natural curiosity, passion for learning and strong design eye. You’ll be self-motivated and highly driven to maintain our premium standard of work, with a willingness to take on board constructive feedback and articulate your designs to the team.
As a TKM9 Group designer, you’ll join a vibrant mix of creatives, industrial designers, engineers, developers, game designers and motion graphic artists. Your role will directly report in to the Creative Director.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to diversify their folio to include: AR, 2D and 3D game design, interactive visual design and eye-popping artwork. Switching between game and character design, activations, projections, apps, permanent installations and digital playgrounds; you’ll gain new skill sets and work alongside professionals who turn concepts into a physical reality.
What will you being doing day-to-day?
• Designing games and articulating wireframes
• Creating characters and themes to add to our Play9 kids’ gaming library
• Designing polished games for youth and adult markets for TKM9
• Preparing assets for dev and motion teams
• Utilising UX and UI design skills for app and web applications
• Designing assets to build our brands and market them globally
• Designing graphic wall art for our digital play spaces and preparing finished art for print
To secure this position, you’ll need:
• to be flexible and adaptable, transferring skills from digital environments to creative artwork
• Have 4+ years of industry experience
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD)
• A strong passion and skill for character development and digital illustration
• Experience building online environments (Visual Design / Wireframes)
• Some finished art knowledge/experience
• Appetite for collaborative environments and learning
• Strong interest in interactive gaming and media
• Clear communication skills, both written and verbal
• Shows initiative and takes direction
• Unity, render software and/or 3D design experience a bonus
• Loves challenges and project diversity
• Design versatility and style adaptability
• STRONG FOLIO A MUST!
About our brands:
Play9 Studios specialises in creating play spaces for the tech-savvy generation of kids aged 1-9. Our award-winning studio designs permanent spaces for commercial environments using interactive play products designed by our in-house creative and industrial design team. Combining light, sound and motion, paired with gesture or touch, each space creates a truly interactive experience that unleashes kids imagination. Our gaming content is distinctive; crafted to appeal to families, creating worlds that let kids be whatever they want to be.
TKM9 is celebrating 10 years worth of interactivity and digital experimentation as a bespoke specialist in spatial design. The brand creates immersive experiences that combine our knowledge of user experience, technology, gaming and urban design. From user-activated light sculptures, to projection mapping, gesture gaming, interactive product design and more, TKM9 is an established studio with a passion for applying future-driven technologies in surprising ways.
Think you have what it takes?
Get in touch via our contact page.